SENDIASS (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Services) are a statutory service based in Leeds that provides information, advice and support (IAS) on matters relating to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
They can provide IAS about things such as:
- SEND support in mainstream schools
- Preparing for SEND meetings
- Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessments and plans
- Mediation and SEND tribunal appeals
- Specialist schools, settings and provisions
- Preparing for adulthood
- Preparing for educational transitions
- SEND funding
- School transport
- The Leeds Local Offer
Parents, carers, children and young people self-refer by contacting SENDIASS directly for information, advice and support.