A huge thank you to those who have already donated to our Crowdfunder- because of your generousity we have had enough donations to be sure that the National Emergencies Trust will be matching all our donations at the moment. Please do remember to use the link below rather than our normal local giving page, to ensure we can recieve the match funding on your donation.
See below for more information on this amazing opportunity.
The National Emergencies Trust will match our donations!
We have recently launched a new Crowdfunder page where people can pledge using their Nectar points or donate directly, and we have just been accepted for a matched fund scheme which means for every donation someone makes the National Emergencies Trust will match!!
We have been accepted for this scheme due to the impact the Covid Pandemic has had on Sunshine & Smiles.
The affect Covid has had on Sunshine & Smiles
- Our income from fundraising events and grants has almost halved in the last two years
- Last year, for the first time since registering as a charity, we spent more on running costs that we raised through grants, fundraising and 21 Co.
All of our groups, events, and speech & language therapy sessions are free and we want to keep it that way, and that's why we rely on grants and fundraising. The demand for our support and services continues to increase and the opportunity for a match funding scheme couldn’t have come at a better time. If you are in a position to donate, this would be an ideal time to.
To receive match funding, the following conditions must all be met:
- We must raise funds from at least 25 unique supporters within four weeks.
- Only one donation per supporter will be matched (they will not provide match funding where a supporter is deemed to have made multiple donations).
- We can receive a maximum of £10,000 of match funding per organisation.
- For every donation made towards our project they will match it up to £250, so if we receive a donation of £20 they will add another £20, but if we receive a donation of £500 then we will receive an additional £250.
Thank you for your ongoing support, from all of us at Sunshine and Smiles.