Due to the Children's Act 1989, Leeds City Council must keep a register of children from birth to 18 years old, who live in Leeds and have a disability or special educational need (SEND).
How it works
The register is made up of a voluntary list of children and young people in Leeds, who have SEND and receive services from the health, education or voluntary organisations.
The register helps us and local health services to understand:
- how many children and young people with special educational needs live in Leeds
- the types of needs they have
- how to plan and develop better services
Who is eligible
Children and young people are eligible if they:
- are aged 0 to 18 years old (consent may need to be given for those aged between 16 and 18)
- have a disability, special educational needs or a health condition that affects their daily lives
- live in Leeds