We are pleased to be hosting a Transition to Secondary School Workshop with the Special Educational Needs & Disability Statutory Assessment and Planning Team (SENSAP).
This will be held on Thursday 5th October 7pm-8:30pm at 21 Co. in Headingley (a Google meet link can be provided for anyone who wants to join online).
The session will cover:
- The different types of school setting that might be options for Year 7 and onwards
- What to consider when you are thinking about secondary school for your young person
- Looking around potential schools
- The process and timescales for requesting a place for secondary school
- The current list of specialist, resourced and partnership schools
- What to do if your young person doesn't have an Education, Health & Care Plan and you would like to consider schools other than mainstream.
See more events